Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sounds tasty, but.....

The Baskin-Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake - sounds pretty good to me, but then i read that it was named the worst (unhealthiest) drink in America.  Here are the details:


2,310 calories 
108 g fat (64 g saturated)
266 g 


73: The number of ingredients that go into this milkshake.
66: The number of teaspoons of sugar this drink contains.
11: The number of Heath Bars you would have to eat to equal the number of calories found in one Baskin Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake.
12: The average number of minutes it takes to consume this drink.
240: The number of minutes you'd need to spend on a treadmill, running at a moderate pace, to burn it off. 


That is some serious caloric intake.

10 comments:

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Yikes, here I thought that Bodie's frozen chimichunga's for lunch were deadly. Hope you got to enjoy one before you got the bad news.:)

Valerie Koop said...

Ack! I was just reading an article about "Eat This - Not That" and was so surprised by the caloric and fat content of food. Sometimes ignorance is bliss (no wonder this baby weight isn't budging!)

swensen squeeze said...

2310? Are you kidding me?

Amber said...

I have got to get me one of those!! ;-)

leslie s said...

NO! You have got to be Joking! Coronary heart failure in a cup! YUMMY!

Delise said...

Ha ha Amber, yes you SHOULD go and eat one...everyday! We'll call it the HeathBar Milkshake experiment of 2008. Woot!

The rest of us, however will eat a laughing cow ice cream sandwich and wish it were oh so much more!

Brian said...

That's why I stick with the healthier Mint Chocolate Chip shakes.

Meredith said...

Ugh. I still want a sip though, I wonder how many calories that would run me...?

Unknown said...

THAT REALLY DOES MAKE ME SICK!