Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pizazz

Ahh it's good to be back on line. A back track of all our July Family Reunion fun will be coming in the next few weeks but until then, here's what I've been up to for the last couple of weeks...

From this...


To this....

And from this color of walls....(cover your eyes Dad)


To this color of walls...


And this one is for you ML, JJ and SS...thanks for the baskets that fit perfectly in my built-ins. What a happy birthday gift and the extra bonus of knowing where I can go back for more Tai Pan goodness. (FYI the wall behind the tv will be jalapeno green as well but I need some help moving the tv first...)



I am loving being in our new home, with space to send each kid for some "personal time" and space to really be together without wanting to scream. I love having a dishwasher and a laundry room upstairs with the bedrooms (I almost stay caught up on laundry now!!) I am loving our neighborhood where a little boy around the corner drives his little Corvette to pick Maglet up for play dates and that all the kids have friends nearby to run around with. I love being near SS and so much closer to my parents and many family members. I love that Carl and Maglet are on D Track and will be as close as possible to Kat's traditional school year. I love the mountains and that so far nary a tick on the muttley.
On the flip side, I do miss the familiarity of my East Coast friends who already know how wacky I am and still love me just the same. I miss the beach and I miss driving in Boston (HA!). Hugs to you all out there!



16 comments:

Unknown said...

IT LOOKS LIKE THINGS ARE COMING RIGHT ALONG! I LOVE THE PAINT COLOR...IT IS YOU! YOU HAVE BEEN A BUSY BEE. LOVE YOU

Cherisa said...

Wow! I'm stunned by the paint color but it looks great with the loveseat and the white built-ins! Should look fab behind the TV, too! And way to go with getting your boxes emptied and collapsed! Can't wait to hear more about the new neighbors, the kids and the decorating process!

Ang said...

Boxes unpacked AND paint? I'm impressed! And I'm so glad you're loving your new home. And D track will be great--my kids are on that track, too, except Ethan who's also heading to Jr. High. We'll have to get together!

Charlotte said...

i am loving the pics of your new house and your decorating skills! can't wait to see it. i'm glad your computer is back up... i don't know how you got along without it.

p.s. i'll post about pei soon... i had friends arrive last night, though.

April said...

Sounds like everything is going great! I just love the paint color! Ahhh...doesn't it feel so good to be settled? I just hate when life is kind of up in the air.

Amber said...

Such a bold color-It looks great! YAY for your upstairs laundry and the extra space! :-)

Cathy Leavitt said...

I know the unpacking feeling....I am down to only my office/laundry room! Only 2 boxes to go!!! I love the color of the walls. Believe it or not my mom has started painting color in her house, it is fabulous not no see a single white wall anymore.

Valerie Koop said...

So glad you are getting settled in! I'd love to have a laundry room upstairs...

Sara said...

it looks so good!

Missletoe said...

I LOVE the Jalapeno! It is gorgeous! I am glad to hear that the family is adjusting so well.
We miss you guys. I was down at the beach tonight with the kids and missed bumping into you guys.

Kim Goddard said...

Loved seeing you guys and the new house! So glad you are back in UTAH!!!!

swensen squeeze said...

Love the green color! Glad that you are here and moved in!

leslie s said...

WOW!! Your home is beautiful. It looks like you are having fun decorating and painting too! Nice Work!...And so quickly too! You are amazing!

Amy said...

WOW!!!

Look at your new home!!! I love it! Are you so excited to be moved? I am now adding you to the list of blogs that I stalk...hope you don't mind :-) LOVE the paint color! That is soo much fun.

Meredith said...

I know everyone has said it already but I LOVE that green! I'm sure you're just bursting with ideas to make your house cute and yours.

Melonius said...

Yeah, I miss my upstairs laundry room. Actually, I miss having a laundry room!! And I might have to come borrow your dishwasher! We're doing paper and plastic for a while...