I started to write this a couple weeks ago, and got tired, went to bed thinking I could finish up in the morning when BAM! I was hit with the technical difficulties that my computer won't recognize my SD card. Surely restarting my computer will fix it? Nu-uh. Then I was thinking that I could get caught up "soon"... after my computer geek takes a peek at it but...I can't wait any longer. We've got exciting stuff to report not the least of which is this
I got my own action shots but...you'll have to make due with professional shots. Rats! We've been watching with bated breath as the flames spread so quickly. The fire "seemed" to burn without any intervention for many hours on Monday but by the late afternoon, there were planes dropping the red retardant stuff. There was so much smoke that when I took the kids to the library, we couldn't see the mountain. Amazingly for how close we are, we haven't smelled any smoke at all. By Monday night there was still smoke but we couldn't see flames as the sun went down but Jeff and I went out after dark to look and there were many orange spots glowing brightly. Yesterday helicopters were refilling their loads of water in the pond near our house all day, it's been exciting and interesting to watch. So sad to see the scorched mountain though, the fire has been as big as I've ever seen this close...it was apparently started by a smoke bomb. :(
We've had visits from Goldie, the Lambert and Westergard families and are looking forward to seeing some Tidepool Toads soon too. It's so fun to see familiar faces from Boston and be with you all again!
In other news, the kids are all in school. I have first day pictures...alas and a *sigh*...the kids are all happy and doing well. There have been some bus issues with Maglet but I hope to get those worked out today.
We are grateful for our new home, neighborhood and ward. It is a beautiful place to be!
6 comments:
I was thinking about you with those fires! I'm glad all is safe and well. And you must post first day of school pics!
Those fires look scary... I'm glad they're staying away from you.
I'm sad I'm not there to enjoy your baking skills. They look delicious. :)
I can't wait to see first day pics! I was beginning to wonder what happenened to you...scary fires...
Mmmmm! I love your homeade bread!
Don't you love the new little plastic freezer jam containers! The best invention EVER! We need to get together again soon!
Your jam inspires me to get some peaches and corn into the freezer.
So glad you're enjoying your new place. The pictures are gorgeous!
Post a Comment