Wednesday, June 3, 2009

An end to the blog strike!

Here is a photo catch-up of what's been happening around here...one day I'll be a regular poster again....but until then...


Here is a hint of the new furniture for our formal living room. The remainder isn't supposed to be delivered until July...boo!


Flowers from the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point


Mom Péo-Lambert and I and TGP


This is after I fell flat on my face while trying to jump over Kat who was rolling down the hill toward me. At least I got a smattering of applause (and grass stained elbows) for my performance!


Sisters: Margy, Joani and Mom at TGP


Gramma Christie has some fun traditions that she does with her grandkids at the ages of 5 (go to Disneyland)and 10. Carl turned 10 this year so he and Gramma made this blanket and worked on his ABC's of Carl book together. Love you Gramma!


Eddie turned 38!! Still lookin' good to me...hubba hubba!

ASCOA had a conference in Jackson Hole. So while the guys worked during the day, Mom Péo-Lambert and I shopped for cowboy boots, slept in, and went on a hike.


Eddie and I at sunset with the Tetons...on Western night. Yee Haw!



MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND


This is the old Alley home in Salt Lake.



Me, Aunt Peg and Mom at TGP



Salt Lake City Cemetery

We met Sunday night to put flowers on the Alley graves and to hear stories about our ancestors. It was a really neat evening.








Cousin (?) Mike telling stories about ancestor George Alley (over 4 mins long, so you probably only want to view if you're an Alley relative *smile) AND...the video did upload did not complete after 5 hours one time and 13 the next...I need to figure something else out.


Maglet was happy to assist in flower placement.



We were also able to stop by Gramma and Grandpa Whitehead's grave: flowers for Gramma and a Milky Way for Grandpa. We are hoping to arrange a gathering to tell stories here next year as well. (Jeff's neck was stiff...and he might have been a little crabby, who knows *smile)

PROJECTS

This post is for you Ginny. Curtains in the family room that I've been working on since September. I did end up using the grommet tape and once we figured it out, it worked like a charm. Thanks for finding it for me! They're finally done and hanging. Yay! Sorry about the overexposed picture of the window. Also had to buy a new sewing machine to finish these babies...it works like a dream and I'm loving to sew these days.






Mom and Dad Payne have visited off and on throughout the last couple of months (one of the happy benefits of living here). Jeff and Dad went on a dream golf trip (I will let him do his own post about it) and Mom hung out with us. She helped me finish the family room curtains as well as these valances in the eating nook. Thanks Mom!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

glad your back. Looks like you have been having lots of fun. The house looks great, can't wait to see it in person. Love ya

Heather Payne said...

Bloga-palooza! You made up for your blogging absence with a ton of pics and entries. I love it! We're going to be out your way for the 4th of July week. Any chance you guys have a spare minute on your hands for us to see you in person? It might be crazy timing, but you know we love you guys and want to see you whenever we can squeeze in a visit... BTW, you and Eddie are looking svelt. Utah must agree with you.

Heather Payne said...

Oops, someone changed my blogger ID when she updated her blog recently. The last comment was from the rest of the Payne too, not just Grace J.
Heather

Ang said...

Hey, you're back!! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. And I'm impressed with the curtain sewing. I reaallly want some panels (with the little tiny rods like yours) in my family room but I think it might take me a year and a half to make them. Sigh. Yours look great.

swensen squeeze said...

Glad to have you back...great pictures and Happy Birthday Jeff!!