Other funny Magletisms-
- Grammas feet are kind of rusty
- When is Deiter going to stop being dead? (family cat)
Carl is doing great. He wrestles anything in sight, so if you come over, please be careful!
We were thinking that in leaving MA that Kat would be leaving the craziest teacher known to man (in health her teacher was teaching her to "use her third eye" to read the mind of a partnering student and all sorts of other insanity) but it has recently come to my attention that it may not have been so and our educational celebrations were done immaturely. She now has a teacher who isn't so blatantly crazy but does and says things in such a bizarre fashion that I'm not sure I shouldn't make a concerned phone call to the school administration. I truly am concerned. Luckily Kat only has her for another 15 days and then she rotates to another class taught by another teacher. What would you do? Any advice for me? There's the part about c'mon just teach my kid and follow the curriculum already but there's the former teacher in me that is just disgusted and thinks it's a crime against the profession.
5 comments:
Now you've got me curious. What does she say?
I would definitely say something, whether in a phone call or through email.
I just had my own little battle with the elementary school and won! Well, I guess I should say that my child won...
At the very least, they need to be made aware of the situation.
It is a crime....if you don't say something no one will and the insanity will continue. We've had our battles here in Pocatello with an overly rigid teacher that runs her class like the Army. We even caught a teacher not quite telling the truth about a situation involving her and Emma....yet another crime! If no one says anything it never stops and only gets worse....keep us posted!
I am curious too...what kinds of things is she saying? That would be the judge of whether or not I would call. We had a problem last year with Mailee's Kindergarten teacher. I waited until February to say something and the principal said I should change classes and was really supportive! I only wished that I hadn't waited 6 months!
The more "crazy teacher" stories I hear from friends and family makes me dread the day Aiden will walk out the door for Kindergarten. As a teacher, I agree that it just makes my blood boil to hear these kind of antics out of other teachers. I think all you can do is help you children learn from the experience and work on learning more tolerance and Christ-like love for the misguided souls around us. Of course, if that doesn't work, maybe you could get the PTA to let you hold a bake sale as a hit-man fundraiser! ;)
Post a Comment