Thursday, September 4, 2008

Product Endorsement

I've been thinking for quite awhile that I wanted to post about some products that I really enjoy using or think they look really cool and can't wait to use.


This is the first one http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook Make your blog into a book. I started this blog as a way to keep family in touch with our daily life (haven't been so good at that this summer) but yay to be able to keep it in book form as a history of sorts. Has anyone actually tried this yet?

The next product, this little beauty has been great for making that yummy strawberry freezer jam, yummy salads (will post that recipe another time) and hulling yummy strawberries a dream. My friend who works at Williams Sonoma gave me one for my birthday/moving gift and I love it (it's way more sleek than the one pictured but this was the closest thing I could find) As far as a uni-tasker goes, I highly recommend it.



I've also discovered the joy of a rice cooker. I remember my roomie Leslie had one but it was a foreign contraption to me and of course I'd only known Minute Rice up to that point in my life so I guess I didn't really pay attention. How did I live so long without it I ask you?



5 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

I like this post! Okay, dumb question, but what is so great about a rice cooker? Enlighten me!

I'm going to Williams Sonoma this week to look for your strawberry contraption. :)

AND, I never heard of the blog book. I am sooo doing that! That you for posting, you resourceful woman, you.

Delise said...

Val, I always seem to wreck rice...it's soupy or burned to the bottom but with the rice cooker, it comes out perfect everytime and all I have to do is dump the rice/water in and walk away. It's the greatest thing, well since sliced bread :)

Cathy Leavitt said...

If you love pineapple you have to find the handy pinapple cutting gadget! I found mine at Reams in Sandy, UT. You can get them through Pampered Chef too, I think. You just cut off the top of the pineapple, use the gadget, and it cores the pineapple while it cuts it into a spiral. It wastes so little and is much less messy than using a knife and a cutting board.

leslie s said...

Isn't blurb fantastic! That was the only reason I started my blog...When I found out it could double as my journal/scrapbook both of which I'm terable at! Such a fun post...I will have to try the strawberry thing-a-majig too! Hope all is going well in the new location!! Besides the scary fires - of course! Glad you are all safe!!

Amber said...

I did my Boston Book with Blurb and I LOVE IT!!! I tried doing a blog book where it slurps your blog--here are the two things I noticed, it put the text on each page but it just put the pictures down the side so you could add them if you wanted. Also--I usually put smaller resolution photos on my blog so those were the pictures it slurped--however those smaller pics aren't good for printing in your book so I think I would have to add my pictures separate anyway.