While there we went through what seemed like 85 houses but ended up finding one that we fell in love with, that just felt right and all that. We put an offer in and will find out within 30 days since it's a short sale and the bank needs to do whatever in order to accept or reject an offer. I'm getting better at waiting...sort of...okay not really. I'll post when there is news to post. If this one doesn't work out we have 3 more that were terrific in different ways to fall back on so it looks like we will be moving within the next month and a half or so. More on that later as it is bittersweet. Thanks to the Westergardies for taking such good care of the kiddos for us! We will definitely miss the Lambert side of the family when we go!
I came back to tons of YW stuff: Teacher Appreciation, YW Yard Sale and teaching the presidency lesson. I don't know why I always stress so much about it but teaching always throws me for a loop. I'm not one of those people who can read it last minute or just teach something off the top of my head and have it make any sort of sense.
In other news, Jeff got a sliver in HIS bum one dark and dreary night. With my steady hands and acute vision, I was able to see it and remove it without a trip to the ER. Can you even see it? Pshaw I say!
Next was the celebration of his birthday. He's a big 37 this year. Here's Maglet doing what our kids love best on other people's birthdays, "Heavy, heavy hang over thy poor head, what do you wish with a bump on your head?"
All Jeff wanted for his birthday was MarioKart for the Wii with 4 wheels so most of us could all play together. Here they are trying it out and my beginning attempts at packing boxes in the background. It is a riot to play and definitely took us back to our days at the Evans' house in KS. So, if anyone else has this game and wants to challenge us over the internet we say BRING IT ON!
Finally. the kids learn to mow the lawn. Carl is seeing it as a total money maker of course. Not much else motivates him quite as well.
I was reading my BYU roomie's http://lesliesanders2000.blogspot.com/ blog on Thursday (scroll down to "Guess who found the scissors?") and was smugly thinking to myself, "Heh, I'm soooo glad that none of my kids have done that" When not 24 hours later my child who will start Kindergarten in the Fall comes at me sporting this mullet on her left side.
I was upset about it the whole day. I'm not sure if it was the slap in the face that I'd so smugly dismissed the fact that she can still be up to no good a lot of the time or just mad she's wearing a mullet. Hmmm. Tried the comb over to "hide" it but it's no good. She just has to wear it as a badge of honor. Luckily it doesn't look this bad most of the time (I tucked her hair behind her ear and fluffed it up) so it was a fairly mild case just to keep me humble I'm sure.
And lastly, someone was talking to me about being Canadian yesterday and asked what part I am from. I told him and he dropped a name. I said I had no idea who that was and he looked at me incredulously and said, "but he's the Prime Minister...and from your province". choke. gasp. blush. I guess I'd better watch the news once in awhile!?
11 comments:
You have just got to love the mullets! BrieAnn cut her one of those at about the same age!!!argh! So are you releasing the details of the address where this house is yet? Are you close by? We sure hope so!
p.s. I have a hard time teaching YW too!
Oh...also HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jeffay from Kim Ma Lynn!
oh, why do the girls seem to be the ones to experiment? I remember when Madi hacked at her hair too...gotta love the mullet...now she just needs to learn achy breaky heart!
arrgghhh!!! i knew i was forgetting something important...jeff.. happy birthday!!
Moving?!?!? [through choking sobs] How can you be moving??? It seems like your family just joined us here in the east and now you're leaving us? Well, you'll be missed by many but thank goodness for the internet! We can keep up with all your adventures from afar. I think I've regained my composure now but your loss will still be felt here!
And about the haircut Maglet gave herself... A day before we went to visit my grandmother in Texas for the first time in six years and since my youngest sister was born, said sister chopped off just ONE pigtail with little plastic school scissors. She was five and had beautiful auburn-red hair down past her shoulders. But Mom saved her with a little bob haircut. Mom was mortified (as was Grandma) but everyone survived! Nothing like scissors in the hands of children!
I had no idea you were house hunting in the land of Zion!! :-) You'll have to email me and tell me where this perfect house is . . . How exciting! And we'll definitely have to do a Taco Bell run when you get here. And maybe with you around I'll see Tracy, since I've been here for TWO AND A HALF YEARS and haven't seen her yet! Anyway, exciting stuff. And the mullet is priceless.
Just as a fact, this is the FIRST picture I have seen of my graduation...Nada didn't take any because ya'll did! Everyone looks like they are having a great time! Oh, and we for shizzle need to mariokart it up! Call me and get my "license number" so we can be buddies online, etc. And, could you please send me a CD or something with your pictures from graduation?
First, you are looking so great Delise! I think every kid needs at least one haircut (or gum in hair) story! I have been waiting for one of my kids to do the same thing! So far (no smuggness here!:) we have managed to avoid it!
Happy B-day to your HUBBY!! AND...
YAY!! You're moving to Utah! That is SOOO super exciting! We will have to look you up when we are down! Keep us posted!
Okay, so I know you told me you guys were moving, but I was hoping it was a bad dream or something...now it's in writing and I can't deny it anymore! Shoot.
I love Maglet's hair.:) Some people in the Midwest and remote corners of the US pay good money for that look!
Wow, moving accross the country. Was it a job change? I hope all goes well for you! You and Darci look great in your matching hair cuts!!
Hi Delise,
It was great seeing you on Sunday. I'm sad you are moving, but glad you guys found a house you love. Rick and I know very well how slow short sales can go. We made offers on at least 3 short-sales. Sadly, we never heard back from any of them. I hope you guys have better luck.
-Moshi
Post a Comment