Thursday, May 22, 2008

Idol

Hingham Ward Idol that is...




Withjudges: Rhonda Jackson, Paul Abdul and Simone Cowell (my pal Egg)

Carl thumped out a totally "molten, hot" version of "Called to Serve"


Whilst Kat brought "Heroic" tears to Paul's eyes with "Go the Distance"


It was a hilariously entertaining evening. The judges made it totally fun and it was a great pre-show for the real thing. I told the kids I would let them stay up to watch it (until 10 which is way out there late so I feel like some kind of "coolest mom" award is in order). We all thought David Archuleta would take it after the performances on Tuesday night (prior to that Jeff and I were totally in the Cooke camp)* but I agree with Simon that they were both terrific entertainers with amazing potential and it didn't matter who won.


*I can't believe that I failed to mention that after FIG Hingham Ward Idol, the kids still had homework to do, so I set the DVR thinking we could skip the commercials and anything that might be inappropriate. We got to Ryan saying, "and the American Idol 2008 is David..." and the recording stopped. It was instant anarchy. I should have known it would go over time but I wasn't thinking about it. So luckily Jeff had already watched it in Arkansas and called to rub in that he knew who won...with a quick phone call we knew but somehow it just wasn't the same as actually seeing it. What a let down after the build up. I did watch it on You Tube this morning though. So awesome! David Cooke seems like a genuinely nice guy.

3 comments:

Cherisa said...

Did I miss something? I thought the ward activity was next Friday. Or was this just for the youth??? See what happens when you only skim your email? :)

Delise said...

:) Sorry, this was the Hingham Ward F.I.G Idol as opposed to the Hingham Ward Idol which is next week. Continue skimming, you're doing fine! :)

Cherisa said...

Thank you! Every once in a while (like a dozen times daily) I wonder if I am losing my mind! Once I realize I AM, I can move on happily enjoying the insanity.