Monday, March 10, 2008

Nummy wraps, ticks, naps and more

Knock on wood, we all seem to be over the flu. Ed is the only one who walked away unscathed (although he finally had an entire week of being able to be at home only to have to run the whole show at home and work full time too). Thanks Eddie for taking such good care of us in every way!

I was talking with my friend Missletoe yesterday at church about WW and I had to share my new favorite 1 point lunch. Doesn't it look delicious?
These Lavash wraps and one triangle of garlic/herb Laughing Cow cheese spread with your favorite veggies (in mine I put a whole tomato, cucumber, fresh spinach and some dill) and wah lah, lunch is served. We've tried it with turkey bacon (1 pt per slice) for a little meat, I think Eddie has had turkey in it and neither of us has been disappointed yet. It has been a terrific bread option to keeping the point intake low with great flavor.

The warmer, more spring like weather has welcomed back the ticks. We have pulled many off of Lucy every day in spite of the tick medication and as a last resort, had all of her wild and crazy yet wonderfully soft hair shaved off. Her head now looks too big for her skinny little body but we are able to see the blood sucking critters much easier. Poor her, we hope her coat will grow back just like it was.
This sight was too cute to not photograph. Lucy was originally asleep as well but the camera sounds woke her up. Maglet is still needing a nap once in awhile. This particular day I had tried to get her to lay down for a rest/quiet time. She stayed in her bed for an hour and a half but didn't shut her eyes. Lo and behold an hour after the release from her bedroom, this is how I found her. So sweet and still so...so...frustrating.

5 comments:

leslie s said...

YAY...Another great recipe! That picture is way to cute.

April said...

I can't wait to make this wrap. Looks so yummy!
What an adorable picture of Maglet!
Glad you guys are all feeling better.

Meredith said...

That wrap looks delish! I make them with Joseph's flax & grain (70 cal.)wraps. Yours looks better though.
Maglet is a doll. I hope you hopped on the couch and took one yourself, you deserve a little R&R these days!

Missletoe said...

That is the sweetest pic!
I am trying to decide if the wrap is worth hauling the kids to the store during nap time (NOT!). But I will be dining on these yummies up in the near future~

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE PHOTO OF MAGS! SHE IS SUCH A CUTIE. I MISS HER...BOO ON LIVING SO FAR AWAY.