Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Head Difficulties

First of all, I realize that I've got hair on the brain lately. My apologies. Since getting it cut, I'm having trouble getting it to look and feel clean, shiny and manageable. My former shampoos just aren't doing the trick. I've noticed as I've gotten older that I need to change the shampoo thing up every once in awhile and that just anything won't do anymore. So, my question for you ladies is: What do you use to have bouncin' and behavin' hair?

I realize that the lack of hair luster could contribute to the fact that I am in a brain dead mode and haven't been able to come up with a theme for Teacher Appreciation this year. (For those of you confused about what this entails, the youth invite one of their teacher's to come to a night where they get a chance to brag about how wonderful their teacher is, listen to a speaker and eat dinner in honor of said teacher.) I would like it to be somewhat inspirational without being corny. What are your brilliant ideas?

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

I've recently started using Garnier Fructis... and make sure to get the one for colored hair. It makes the color last longer and stay shinier. I am also a fan of Pantene also for colored hair variety. I use the shampoo with conditioner in it then just plain conditioner again. Silky soft hair. :)

Missletoe said...

Your hair looks great...your hair continues to inspire mine!

As for the teacher front, how about, "Wind Beneath My Wings" or "You're the meaning in my life, you're my inspiration" ....he he he he.... as if the night isn't painful enough for the youth! I could just see some of our YW up there singing Chicago now! ... oh, did you want a constructive comment?

Delise said...

Gasp...Char,I thought we were all "natural"!

Jeff's suggestions were either, Don't stand so close to me by the Police or Hot for Teacher by Van Halen...you guys are NO HELP I tell ya!

Cherisa said...

I think your hair looks fab but Neutrogena used to advertise that using their shampoo for 10 days would bring your hair back to life. My life-long hair dresser says it just takes about 10 days of a new shampoo to remove old residue but it might be worth trying the Neutrogena stuff anyway!

It's too late to offer any other advice beyond simple "wash, rinse and repeat"!

Ang said...

This might be just way too cliched, but what if you had an apple themed evening? Decorate with apples, make apple cake (I have a really good recipe for chocolate apple cake), give them little wooden apple pencil holders as gifts (a boy I had a crush on in 4th grade gave me one.) That's my (probably lame!) idea . . .
and I can't imagine you ever having a problem with your hair. Genetically impossible.

Missletoe said...

Jeff wins! Let's just hope the teacher's and the bishop have a good sense of humor. he he he he...

leslie s said...

You are and always have been the "Naturally" Gorgeous hair person!!! No Advice needed! I love the new hair cut too!