Monday, December 10, 2007

Riding the Pine

After a quick slide along our kitchen bench to pick something up off the floor, I realized that I got a splinter in my hiney. It ended up being so large and embedded that I had to go to the ER. (It was entertaining to everyone there believe me!) Here is a pic of the nasty brute...and yes that is a quarter. I am now splinter free and on an antibiotic.

Sympathies welcome.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Seriously....only to you. Ok, maybe me too. But (no pun intended) that's a pretty wicked story.

Ang said...

Owie! And having to go to the ER to have it (ahem) extracted probably wasn't a walk in the park either!!! You poor girl. You deserve an extra special Christmas present to make up for it.

The Lassen Family said...

your poor bum!!! Where was Jeff---I'm sure he would have taken pictures first :) How did you drive? Thanks for making me laugh!!

Leslie said...

That is a something that would only happen to you, Delise. I am sure that it hurt pretty good, but I was chuckling reading that post. Sorry! Hope your bottom gets better soon. By the way, Lance is feeling much better. Our Christmas cards will be out soon. I hope I'm on your list! I love your poems!

jeff said...

sorry about your sore bum. it still makes me laugh.

There once was a girl named Delise
who always shows so much class
she had to show more to the doctor
when she got a sliver in her bum

:)

Unknown said...

ooh, that is too bad. What a story! So sorry about your sore bum, eh

April said...

Ouch! That is awful! Hope there isn't too much residual pain. Do you still have your doughnut thing from childbirth? Maybe that would help. :)

Missletoe said...

Yikes! You are a brave woman, I appreciate you being bold enough to share your tale!