We arrived late in the day due to traffic and a wrong turn :) but we started out walking to see some of the window displays at Macy's and a couple of other stores nearby. They were breathtaking.
The window pictured below was neat because it flipped around (so the bottom was on top) to show where Santa visits "Down Under"
Mmm bread. I thought the detail in this one was fascinating.
This picture is an intro to where we went next. (It's a window display of the view from the top of The Empire State Building).

I was skeptical about going to the top of the Empire State Building at night but it was stunning. The water was foggy so we couldn't really see the Statue of Liberty but view of the city with the lights was fantastic.

Kat and Carl weren't excited about being up so high (they're afraid of heights) but by the end, they were peeking over the edge and enjoying the sights. I was proud of them for trying, especially because Kat was so nervous about even going in the first place. Maglet just didn't like be cold. Thanks CJ for going inside with her!
We were exhausted after Day 1 but were looking forward to the next full day in NYC!!
2 comments:
Thanks for Sharing! I love living viacariously through all the trips my friends take :-)
Ooooh, I'm jealous. I love New York. I've only been there once, but I loved every minute of it, even though it rained the whole time. And you get to be there at Christmas!!! How wonderful!
Post a Comment