Monday, September 10, 2007

Catching up


Over Labor Day weekend I got away for a Girl's Weekend Out! We had a blast just being together with lots of shopping, pampering, playing and staying up late...very late.




Jeff who was in charge of the kids went to Maine...here they are having a great time as well.


We've decided to get a Golden Doodle puppy (half standard Poodle, half Golden Retriever---doesn't shed at all and is supposed to be one of the easiest dogs on allergies...) "Lucy" will need to stay with her Mommy for a few more weeks but we've enjoyed gong to see the puppies and watching them grow.



With the start of school, the kids each got their hair cut. Kat donated hers to "Locks of Love" and it is much, much, much shorter than she wanted...but it looks darling on her doesn't it? Good thing for her that her hair grows so quickly!
And in other life altering news, I've been called to serve as the Young Women's President at church. It was unexpected and I think it will be very challenging for me. However I am following a very organized gal who has made it all look very simple and the girls that I get to work with are darling. It will be fun to get to know them and learn from them. Woo wee!

5 comments:

Ang said...

Wow Delise! I truly think that's the hardest job a woman can have in the church. Harder even than RS president. My hat is off, my dear. My hat is off. You'll do GREAT though. I would have loved you as my leader. Fun to see a cute pic of you, and I picked out Christie and Jen, too. Everyone's cute!

April said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! A much deserved break that we all need once in a while. :)
You will be a fantastic YW president! I can't think of anyone better!

The Lassen Family said...

Yeah for Ally!!! Wow the tree house looks fantastic! And the golden doodle sounds like it might be a good option for us to (after a baby adoption that is) Let us know how it goes :) Dana Drake is our new HTeacher.

Amber said...

Yea for GIRLS DAY! Sounds fun

Missletoe said...

Ally's hair is DARLING! ...but so is she, so you can't go wrong!

Those ward women are lucky to have suh a great Prez.! Let the good times roll!