Monday, August 13, 2007

Quick trip to Maine

We zipped to Maine in a HUGE Lincoln Continental on Saturday to attend a family baptism (after taking the van in to the mechanic to figure out why the service engine light was on...luckily Jeff had a free weekend car rental). I have to say that the trunk space was amazing! Hee hee. It was a fun time to be with other family members, to laugh and play together and of course attend the baptism. It is something amazing to witness a baptism in the ocean, I don't think I've even attended an out-of-doors baptism but it was beautiful in every way.

Here are some of our photographic experiences...until I dropped our camera...on a rock....in the water (not long after this first picture was taken).

Jeff and kids (in the distance) at low tide, exploring the beach. They found great shells from razor clams, mussels, periwinkles, lobster remains and other clammy type shells.


Here is a picture of a bed of mussels


Here is a lobster claw...the other body parts were a little nauseating to behold.


Marshmallow roasting and lighting sparklers on the beach.


The girls built Fairy houses from found objects in nature. Cute and great use of imagination I'd say!


Sunset over the water.


Beautiful morning view.

P.S. For those of you worried about "Big Blue", it's just fine. It just had a cracked something-or-other. How's that for detail? I just know it cost just over a hundred rather than several thousand...who needs to know more?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Awesome picture of the sunset-breathtaking really :-) but What? no picture of the lincoln?