This was another of my favorite parts of the trip (ok so I had a lot of them) I could have walked around on the wall for hours more but the kiddos were done. The Great Wall is situated on the top of a mountain range. It is also not one continuous wall, there are many sections of it and it breaks off into Y shapes (I didn't know this prior to being there). Also the air quality was very poor when we first got there and started to burn off closer to when we left (foggy?) as you'll notice in the photos.
We drove up as far as we could up the mountain and then we took a chair lift up to the actual wall. In the collage you will see a picture of Jeff and Kat on the lift. At the top we walked all over a section of the wall that had been rebuilt. It was amazing. When we were done, we then followed the "slidway" signs and took a metal Alpine-type slide back down to the village near the parking lot. I have to say that it went a lot faster than any Alpine slide I've ever been on and it was SO FUN!!! Maggie said that was the best part of the whole morning and she wanted to go again:)


There will be much more "spazz-english" to come, we had a great time taking pictures of poorly written English signs but I couldn't pass up putting this one here where it belongs...#2

A funny thing that happened as we were waiting for our turn to get on the slide. One of the workers kept staring at Carl and then put his arm around him and started rubbing Carl's earlobe between his thumb and finger. Ok...now that I wrote it, it's sounds creepy in a pedophile way...people were loving our lighter hair and he has golden fuzz on his ears so it cracked me up. Apparently touching golden hair is good luck to them. Maglet wore her hat A LOT! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment