The second annual Payne Family Golf Tournament was held last week. This year the only 3 of us were able to participate for the coveted trophy. We played a two day tournament - day 1 at thanksgiving point golf course, and day 2 at south mountain golf course.
After day 1 Dustin held a 3 shot lead over Eddie, and a 4 shot lead over Del. The fortunes changed quickly on day 2 as Dustin struggled early, and Eddie and Del were on target. Eddie went into the last two holes with a 3 shot lead, and promptly managed to give up two of the three on hole 35. Still, a one shot lead going into the final hole is a good thing - but the 9 that Eddie took (2 lost balls) was almost more than any man could bear.
Better luck next year Eddie and Del. Dustin is this year's Payne Family Champion.

3 comments:
Don't forget that this victory comes with an asterisk* due to the fact that Darin couldn't be there. But, nonetheless, congratulations to Dusty.
Oh Eddie that IS shameful...hee hee. You should have taken Guy up on his offer to go golfing a few days earlier! Glad you guys are here!
We started an Alley family website I have logins and passwords for you but I need your email address (and any others you may have). I sent it to Sue, but I don't know how often she checks email. Here's mine sherrilyn21@hotmail.com
Post a Comment