Monday, March 17, 2008

Sweet Yams Storm Moab. Still going strong after all these years.

Sweet Yams 2008

Eddie's Twin Peaks (High School) volleyball team (more or less) has been heading to Moab, UT for around 20 years (a bit of off and on for most of them but they're still together) to play in the tournament held there. This last trip was the first time that I didn't go to cheer him on in all the years we've been married. I was a lonesome girl thinking about missing the games as well as catching up with ML, CJ and all our good friends. Good thing I had the Girls Night Out to occupy my time.


The Sweet Yams started out strong Friday night and later Saturday morning things started to slide. They came out of pool play in first place and started falling apart the second game into the tournament. They ended up taking 4th place. Not too shabby but disappointing when this team is the championship team so often. Jeff looks forward to playing in this tournament every year. We are grateful for the fun times with old and new friends...and for the extra incentive to "get in shape".


Thanks Kim-Ma-Lynn for letting me lift the pictures off of your blog! Love ya!

6 comments:

swensen squeeze said...

Looks like we are the ones who missed out on Moab! Hopefully we can both be there next year! Awesome that you guys are moving out here! I hooked up to your blog - hope you are ok with that! Here is mine - daswensen.blogspot.com
Have a great day!

leslie s said...

Looks fun!! Hope you had a fantastic Easter!! What's this I hear about a MOVE??!! Exciting! Keep me posted.

swensen squeeze said...

will you email me your address so I can put you on the list
amyswensen@msn.com
thanks

Kim Goddard said...

d-
I don't have your email address. it won't let me add you by your blog name. please get that to me and I will add you.
Thanks
Kim

Kim Goddard said...

also do you have m&C's so that I can add them too?

Delise said...

Goddard girl, I don't have your email address. Mine is my first name last name at gmail dot com