Several years ago my Mom gave us a binder full of fun ideas and activities of things to do with your family (it has also come in handy for birthday parties, YW and several other creative necessities). One of the suggestions is to have an "eat like a PIG" night...and Jeff has dreamed about this for several years, even trying to incorporate it into a YM activity when he was president a few years ago. So his dreams came true, probably not in the way he most desired on Valentine's Day, but that's beside the point.
Carl and I got several necessary "mood" items at the dollar store (candles, candlesticks, plastic wine glasses for the sparkling apple whatever, a daisy garland for the middle of the table and styrofoam "troughs"). I made a favorite meal (lemon garlic chicken) that is so labor intensive both in the dishwashing after and in just making it that I have been getting whiney requests since before Christmas. I had put it off long enough, it was time to pull out the stops, by candlelight no less.
Carl and I got several necessary "mood" items at the dollar store (candles, candlesticks, plastic wine glasses for the sparkling apple whatever, a daisy garland for the middle of the table and styrofoam "troughs"). I made a favorite meal (lemon garlic chicken) that is so labor intensive both in the dishwashing after and in just making it that I have been getting whiney requests since before Christmas. I had put it off long enough, it was time to pull out the stops, by candlelight no less.
Pig Out People!
Dirty piggy faces....
...require lots of napkins.
Hope your Valentine's Day was as memorable, filled with laughter and love.
In other day before V-Day news, we had first a snow storm that quickly turned into a crazy blow out rain storm....now there are varying degrees of rain: sprinkling, showers, cats and dogs, you get the picture. This was pouring down by buckets type rain. It was warm enough to melt the snow quickly and then flood everything else...quickly. Here is a picture of our backyard. Luckily Jeff got home in time to readjust the down spouts so our water in take was thankfully minimal.
7 comments:
What a fun V-day! You're one of those fun moms, aren't you?! (Okay, and I'm dying to know what you think of the book . . .)
HaHa...That looks like so much fun! I actually did that (not knowing it was an "actual"thing to do), at Sophia's friend birthday party. I forgot forks, so the icecream cake was eaten "piggy" style! It is really funny! Looks like you had a very wonderful day! Love the rain pictures too! (every thing looks so green!!) Um...if you share... I would love your chicken recipe...sounds delicious!! Lesliesloan@shaw.ca!!
You guys are the cutest family. Delise, I love your face in that picture, really getting into it! I'm dying to know what else is in the book.
Delise, you are so much fun! I don't think my husband would ever go for something like eating piggy style, he is too proper, but I sure think it's cool that you guys did! Classic!
ONLY YOU!! WHAT A GREAT FAMILY MEMORY!!
Delise, I am laughing so hard at your comment on my blog...It was money that I flushed down the toilet. I saw a documentary about the starving 3rd world children and they were bathing, the narriator said something about them having to bathe in sewer water. I asked my Mom what sewer water was and when she said it is where the water goes when you flush the toilet. Well, Whalah...I knew how to help. I would carefully wrap money in tin foil and flush it down the toilet and I had visions of these poor children bathing and suddenly my packages would arrive and save the day. I have no idea how much I flushed but I was pretty consistant in my offerings so it could have been quite a bit. Thanks for reminding me and making me laugh tonight.
What a fun Valentines day, I think I will do that for a FHE one night. Cute idea!
Just start mixing corn starch and water until interesting things happen....
Now to the kitchen to find a "piggy" lunch to feed the kids! Do you think they will eat vegies if they get to make a mess in a trough with their faces??? Or am I missing the point and it is just supposed to be fun and not another mommy trick?
Post a Comment