The same week that I took the previous ballerina pictures, the other kids had their Pinewood Derby race. Kat got 2nd in her group (all Faith in God girls) and Carl got 1st in his group (his Boy Scout troop) and 2nd out of everyone. Nothing broke off making the car inoperable and the wheels spun fast, so it was a successful year with a fun time had by all. Carl had his best buddy "Ron" (bright blue shirt) come and compete too, they had fun working on their cars and then racing them together.
Maglet went on her 5 year old trip with Gramma Christie to Disney World that she has been looking forward to since, oh...birth. They had a terrific time together as you can see. It was a quiet week for those of us at home without her "jibber-jabber" entertainment and Eddie's teasing. Thanks for the magical memories Gramma!
In other news...
She had her "operation" yesterday and is home now recuperating. We were missing her last night, it's funny how much a good pet becomes a part of the family and are glad she's home with us again. Jeff is wondering if we should give her a more genderless name such as Lou, now that's she's "fixed" and Carl said to me last night, "Yaaay, now I have a brother" Ummm no, but she's one step closer I suppose.
Congratulations Angie!! For you readers out there, my pal Angie's book is out (I will put it on my side bar for easier access). You can check out her website for a synopsis of the book at http://www.angelahallstrom.com/bound_on_earth
and you can order the book here www.parablespub.com/boundonearth.html
or on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Bound-Earth-Angela-Hallstrom/dp/0961496096/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202340092&sr=8-1
Should be a good book group book with much to discuss...mine is on order.
And lastly, for anyone interested in the on-going hair experiements happening here, I found that my previous shampoo made my hair look dark and dull (generic something or other...many thought I'd colored my hair darker) and my newest shampoo (Garnier Fructus) gives my hair shine and luster (even my stylist asked yesterday if I'd gotten highlights). Weird thing doncha think?



2 comments:
Wow lots going on. So Darci told me way back around Christmas time you might try to move to Utah!! Not that you don't have enough going on!!! Your kids are so cute tell them all I miss them (and you too)!!!
What a fun treat for Maglet! I love that idea I will have to remember that when I'm a grandma! I love the derby entry too - Way to go kidos! Your friends book looks like it will be a great read! I was impressed with all the awards she has recieved for it too...Very Cool!
Post a Comment