Monday, October 22, 2007

Oh the things kids say (and do)

Yesterday was the Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation in church (which was fabulous I must say). Before going up to sit on the stand Maglet was marvelling about a bald head sitting in front of us by saying, "Dad, look at that man's head! It's so shiny! It looks like metal!"




Then yesterday afternoon the kids were playing in the backyard and Carl was sitting in the sandbox turtle's lid and using a stick to try to move a la Italian gondolas and he said, "Mom get Lucy outta here, I'm trying to be a genius!"

At faith in God in this week, Kat learned how to bake a pumpkin and then use it to make things (pie, cookies, bread, cheesecake, etc...) So she has made 2 pumpkin pies this weekend from scratch (well except for the crust, Pillsbury helped us out with that!) Yum! Jeff also baked a pumpkin toffee cheesecake for a friend's baby blessing so we didn't get to sample that tasty goodness this time but it's probably a good thing, I'm pretty sure it was out of my point range for the week what with the pies and all.

3 comments:

Missletoe said...

The cheesecake was worth blowing off the points!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE COLORS OF THE LEAVES. TELL THE KIDS I MISS THEM!!

Ang said...

I'm impressed with your girl's baking skills. Ethan has yet to do more than pour his own cereal and toast the occasional Eggo. I hope I'm not raising a non-cooking man! Gorgeous photo of the fall color, too.