
The last two weeks have been "shark week" on Discovery Channel. Since Carl's shark fetish for the last few years, I like to think that I've become a little bit of a shark aficionado. I caught several episodes that were very interesting (whether sharks see attractive things as prey: size and color experiments, which are most dangerous, just how amazing of a creature they are...). With sharks on the brain, I've had several interesting type dreams involving them and I usually wake up thinking, "Wow! Sharks really ARE amazing creatures" and then can't go back to sleep because I've woken myself up so thoroughly just thinking about it.
It's also got me wondering what types of sharks live in the ocean where we like to swim. Yikes! It's turned into the equivalent of "let's not pass along my fear of spiders to the children" kind of thing. There are several kinds of sharks with the scariest being Great White Sharks. I didn't realize they were here...but I guess they're kind of everywhere. Anyway, one was sighted within 15 feet of the beach just south of here. Eek!
2 comments:
i am afraid that you are going to pass the fear along. they will never get in the water again!
:) Trying to not transmit! :)
Post a Comment