Friday, June 15, 2007

Poetry Slam and Museum of Fine Arts



Lost by Bruce Lansky

I cannot find my basketball
I cannot find my locker
I cannot find my homework
Which is really quite a shocker

I cannot find my lunch box
Worse I cannot find my classes
I'm gonna have a rotten day
Until I find my glasses

Kat did a really cute job reciting the above poem...she had props like her homework taped to her elbow and her glasses under the hat she was wearing...very cute job.



Carl's favorite things to see at the Museum of Fine Arts today were: the Mummy cases and a real Mummy ("the person was all the way wrapped in the linen, it was an actual person that you could see through the cloth"). He also came home and asked me why pictures of naked people were in a museum...great teaching opportunity on "naked" vs. "nude"...my art history professor would've been proud.

Also just wanted to add as an aside that the weather here today is finally more spring-like than winter-like...it's been downright chilly here this last week! Yay for sunshine!

3 comments:

Darin said...

I love the King Tut pose! I am so excited to see ya'll. I love that you are blogging, it just makes me miss you that much more!

Nada said...

Oops, that comment was from me, not Darin. I forgot to sign in.

Patrick & Darci said...

Walk like and egyptian! Too cute! What neat experiences you are having there on the east coast!